Hours of operation: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM, 7 days a week.
Approved Volunteers who are serving a shift can bring family members under 18 only. Other friends or family members need to have gone through the Orientation/Volunteer Application process.
More questions about volunteering? Our FAQ on Volunteering should help!
Volunteer shifts needed daily:
2 Volunteers needed during each shift.
1 Dining Room Volunteer
- Supervise the kitchen and dining room.
- Assure that kitchen is kept running smoothly and that guests are getting what they need.
- Serve snacks and assure that volunteers who bring meals are directed.
- Supervise the set-up and clean-up of food.
- Communicate with staff when needed.
1 Family Room Volunteer
- Supervise the schedule for laundry and showers.
- Assure that guests have the supplies needed.
- Help keep the area tidy and supervise cleaning.
- Oversee use of computers and play area.
General guidelines and tips for volunteers at the NBDC can be found in the Volunteer Handbook
Bring a craft idea and the supplies for the young (and young at heart!). Let us know what time (either 4:30 or 6:30, working around the 6:00 dinner time) and what type of craft you will be bringing.
4 volunteers needed from 12:30 - 1:30 PM, Monday.
Cleaning needs include:
- Vacuum the living and dining areas.
- Mop floors.
- Run a couple of loads of laundry (towels and bathrobes).
- Clean the showers and restock with toiletries.
- Help organize and clean supplies and storage areas.
Tutors, computer help, etc.
1 volunteer needed from 3:00 - 5:00 PM, Thursday.
We will need flexible people to fill this role. We will make kids aware of this service, but it is up to them to show up at that time.
We are now transporting families from NBDC to the Overnight Shelter, which is at St. John's Episcopal at 105 State Street,Kirkland. We are looking for volunteers willing to drive the program van. The van will take no more than two trips nightly, leaving NBDC at 7:15 and 8:15 PM. Driver must be an approved volunteer (completed background check, application and orientation). In addition, drivers must submit copies of their insurance, driver license and driver abstract.
How to become a volunteer
- Attend an orientation. Volunteer orientations will be held routinely and we will post upcoming dates.
- Complete the Volunteer Application.
- Forward the Reference Form to 3 references.
- After an orientation has been attended and your forms have been completed, you will be directed to an online sign-up to choose your shifts.
Upcoming orientation dates
- June 24th at 12:30PM
- July 29th at 12:30PM
Orientation will be held at The New Bethlehem Day Center:
11920 NE 80TH ST, SUITE 100, Kirkland WA.
Phone: 425 679 0350
Please RSVP to email@example.com to register for an orientation.